Friday, June 01, 2007

8 Random Facts about Vance

I’ve been tagged by Dr Heidi from Virushead for the “Random 8″ blog meme.


  • Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
  • Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
  • Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged.

So here are 8 random facts about Vance:

  1. I hate sweet potatoes and acorn squash--there is something in these two foods that grosses me out. It is not like I am a picky eater, I will eat almost anything, in fact I like the traditionally avoided foods like broccoli and brussels sprouts. Through sweet potatoes my parents learned that sometimes a kid is serious when they say a food makes them sick...

  2. I am an ex-believer in Intelligent Design. This blog is named for the meditation sequence that resulted in my change of heart. I didn't give up on God, I just decided that regardless of how complicated life is, science will eventually come up with credible theories how it happened. God's fingerprints won't be obvious and we will be left with another singularity like the Big Bang that defies analysis.

  3. My favorite musician is Bill Evans, the saxophonist, not the pianist. Not a gifted marketeer this Bill hasn't worked very hard to distance himself from the late Jazz great. He is almost invisible on Amazon unless you know one of his titles. If you like Jazz Fusion you might give this Bill Evans a try.

  4. I have this theory that all managers create a scientifically undetectable field called the "Reality Distortion Field". When multiple managers are in a room this field reinforces itself leading to some pretty scary results. The Reality Distortion Field (RDF) explains a lot of the apparently insane behaviors that businesses engage in.

  5. When I call my parents, their first question is often "Where are you", instead of "How are you".

  6. My advice to people that are lost while driving in a European city is to pick a random car to follow --it is unlikely that they are driving in circles. For more of my travel hints see tickets-passports-money

  7. Unless I really focus, I totally miss the lyrics in songs. Usually for me the singers are just another instrument.

  8. My favorite Science Fiction writer is C.J. Cherryh. If you like Science Fiction that focuses on character development rather than hardware/warfare you might try her novel Cyteen or her Foreigner series.

Here a the 8 I am tagging:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had that with the stewed zuccini/tomato combo. Ick.

Thanks for playing!

Thanks also for the advice - of course I should just install the old cd reader into this obvious blank spot - too obvious for me to have even thought about - sheesh.

I have a huge paperback book of a whole bunch of C.J. Cherryh's work. Do you have it? Would you like to have it? I've already read it and would be happy to mail it to you.